Standards and warranties
La Toulousaine Aluminium Gates
Gates and fences sold by La Toulousaine from March 1st, 2020 enjoy the following contractual guarantees
1 - Duration
La Toulousaine guarantees its products for 25 years from the date of shipment.
2 – Extent
At the discretion of La Toulousaine, this warranty covers the repair or replacement of parts recognised as defective within the limits of the exclusions defined below.
The frame is guaranteed for 25 years. Adhesion of the frame powder coatings is guaranteed for 25 years (5 years for coatings for Class 1* paints1) with color is guaranteed to stay constant for 5 years (3 years for coatings for Class 1* paints2).
This guarantee is conditioned by the subscription to a mandatory maintenance contract by a qualified professional installer (according to standard EN NF 13241 + A2).
Accessories and parts subject to wear are guaranteed for two years.
operator mechanisms are guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions (for a minimum of two years).
3 - Exclusion
This warranty only covers the repair or replacement of parts recognised as defective by La Toulousaine following an inspection, excluding any participation in any other damage of any kind.
The warranty does not cover the following in particular:
• expenses incurred in removing, disassembling or re-installing products,
• damage due to:
- normal wear and consumables (batteries, bulbs, cables, rubber seals,etc.),
- Failure to comply with La Toulousaine's standards, instructions or best practices when installing or using products.
- Using products in a manner inconsistent with their intended purpose (even on a temporary basis).
- Poor storage conditions
- Any hazard related to poor installation or misuse prior to project hand-over (knocks and scratches, etc.).
- Exceptional weather events:
o Wind exceeding the relevant class of the door,
o lightning, frost.
- The use of non-compatible parts (control boxes or automated equipment, for example),
- External influences such as fire, water, salt, alkaline and acid, abnormal environmental conditions, various types of splashes and force majeure events.
- Negligence or poor/lack of maintenance (the maintenance booklet must be submitted for inspection).
• modifications made to products.
• products located within 500 m of a waterfront or within 50 m of an aggressive atmosphere,
• defects or imperfections that are not visible at a distance of 1.5 m during a 10-second inspection with normal vision under significant lighting (in accordance with ADAL).
• maintenance costs.
• non-compliance of products with the commercial documentation, which are non-contractual documents.
• gloss and shade degradations linked to environmental and exposure conditions (UV for example),
• any consequential or non-consequential material or immaterial damage resulting from the product defect.
4 - Terms
The warranty must be activated by registered letter with return receipt, together with a copy of the original invoice.
The warranty is only admissible if the buyer has fulfilled his or her financial obligations.
Defective parts must be returned to the following address (non-refundable, prepaid carriage):
By post: FTFM La Toulousaine By carrier: FTFM La Toulousaine
Route de Toulouse Route de Toulouse
CS 5757668 ESCALQUENS 31750 ESCALQUENS
The cost and risk of returning parts that have been repaired or replaced by La Toulousaine under the warranty is covered by La Toulousaine.
In the event that La Toulousaine's warranty is activated for a frame or frame powder coating, an estimate will be drawn up indicating the amount to be covered by La Toulousaine and the amount covered by the customer in accordance with the obsolescence table in Appendix A:
1st March, 2020 - La Toulousaine
|Year of warranty||Covered by FTFM
|Obsolescence, covering commitment
by the customer