Standards and warranties
La Toulousaine Aluminium Gates
Gates and fences manufactured by La Toulousaine from December 1st, 2020 beneficiate the following contractual guarantees
1 - Duration
La Toulousaine guarantees its products for 25 years from the date of shipment.
2 – Extent
At the discretion of La Toulousaine, this warranty covers the repair or replacement of parts recognized as defective within the limits of the exclusions defined below and in application of the obsolescence scale for frames and frame coatings (see Paints classes).
Frames and frame powder coatings with uniform gloss and color are guaranteed for 25 years and 5 years for the consistency of the color gradient.
Accessories and parts subject to wear are guaranteed two years.
Motor mechanisms are guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturer’s terms and conditions for a minimum of two years, see table Appendix A.
3 - Exclusion
This warranty only covers the repair or replacement of parts recognized as defective by La Toulousaine, following an inspection, excluding any participation to any other damage of any kind.
The warranty will be reduced in the following situation:
• 5 years for the paints Class1, for Painting Class information see Confirmation of Order for
• Reduced Warranty for gates installed at less than 5 kms (3 miles) from the sea, 3 years for the paints Class 1, for Painting Class information, see Confirmation of Order.
• Reduced warranty to 5 years for gates installed at less than 500m (1700 ft) from the sea, and 2 years for the paints Class 1
The warranty does not cover the following in particular:
• Expenses incurred in removing, disassembling, or re-installing products,
• Damage due to:
- Exceptional weather events:
• Products located at less than 50 m from an aggressive atmosphere
• Defects or imperfections that are not visible at a distance of 1.5m during a 10-second inspection with normal vision under significant lighting (in accordance with ADAL)
• Maintenance costs
• Non-compliance of products with the commercial documentation, which are non-contractual documents
• Gloss and shade degradations linked to environmental and exposure conditions (UV for example)
• Any consequential or non-consequential material or immaterial damage resulting from the product defect
• Hold in place of the ornamental patterns
• Aging of the lacquering (softening, fouling, permeability, chalking, discoloration…), these are natural aging features of the lacquering and will not considered as defective
Delamination of the resins surrounding the dies that are due to the combined effects of UV light, rainfalls and pollution. Dies are directly in contact with the atmosphere. On the long term, and after wiping, you will find them on the wiping cloth. This depigmenting is natural. In order to delay this decaying of the dies, we advise that you regularly clean your gate using clean water and a soft detergent and since the installation of the gate (see our cleaning advises in our documentation)
4 - Terms
The warranty must be activated by registered letter with return receipt, together with a copy of the original invoice within 8 days after occurrence of the defect. If not reported within this period of time, warranty will the warranty is only admissible if the buyer has fulfilled his or her financial obligations.
Warranty is subject to the submission of the maintenance record book duly fulfilled.
Defective parts must be returned to the following address (non-refundable, prepaid carriage):
By post: FTFM La Toulousaine By carrier: FTFM La Toulousaine
Route de Toulouse Route de Toulouse
CS 5757668 ESCALQUENS 31750 ESCALQUENS
The cost and risk of returning parts that have been repaired or replaced by La Toulousaine under the warranty is covered by La Toulousaine.
In the event that La Toulousaine's warranty is activated for a frame or frame powder coating, an estimate will be drawn up indicating the amount to be covered by La Toulousaine.
December 1st, 2020 - La Toulousaine