Standards and warranties
Residential sectional doors and rolling garage doors manufactured by La Toulousaine from December 1st, 2020 beneficiate the following contractual guarantees
1 - Duration
La Toulousaine guarantees its products for 5 years from the date of shipment.
2 - Extent
At the discretion of La Toulousaine, this warranty covers the repair or replacement of parts controlled as defective within the limits of one of the exclusions defined below.
Manufacturing is guaranteed 10 years.
Wearing parts such as cables, handles, locks, bearings, and all other parts that can be considered as wearing parts, are excluded from this guarantee. Painting is guaranteed 5 years. Motorization guarantees are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the guarantees of the motor manufacturers and cannot be less than 2 years (see Appendix A).
3 - Exclusion
This warranty only covers the repair or replacement of parts recognised as defective by La Toulousaine following an inspection, excluding any participation in any other damage of any kind.
A reduced warranty is proposed in the following situation:
- 2 years for the finishing Clear Oak
- Reduced warranty to 5 years for doors installed at less than 5 kms (3 miles) from the sea
- Reduced warranty to 2 years for doors installed at less than 500 meters (1700 ft) from the sea
The warranty does not cover the following in particular:
• Expenses incurred in removing, disassembling or re-installing products,
• Damage due to:
- Negligence or poor/lack of maintenance (the maintenance booklet must be submitted for inspection)
• Products installed at less than 50 m from an aggressive atmosphere
• Defects or imperfections that are not visible at a distance of 1.5 m during a 10-second inspection with normal vision under significant lighting (in accordance with ADAL)
• Maintenance costs.
• Non-compliance of products with the commercial documentation, which are non-contractual documents
• Any consequential or non-consequential material or immaterial damage resulting from the product defect
• Hold in place of the ornamental patterns
• Aging of the lacquering (softening, fouling, permeability, chalking, discoloration…), these are natural aging features of the lacquering and will not be considered as defects
• Delamination of the resins surrounding the dies that are due to the combined effects of UV light, rainfalls and pollution. Dies are indeed in direct contact with the atmosphere. On the long term, and after wiping, you will find dies on the wiping cloth used to wipe your gate. This depigmenting is natural. In order to delay this decaying of the dies, we advise that you regularly clean your gate using clean water with the addition of a soft detergent and since the installation of the gate (see our cleaning advises in our documentation, visit www.la-toulousaine.com)
Those warranties are directly linked with the subscription of a servicing contract by the customer.
4 - Terms
The warranty must be activated by registered letter with return receipt, together with a copy of the original invoice.
The warranty is only admissible if the buyer has fulfilled his or her financial obligations.
Defective parts must be returned to the following address (non-refundable, prepaid carriage):
By post: FTFM La Toulousaine By carrier: FTFM La Toulousaine
Route de Toulouse Route de Toulouse
CS 5757668 ESCALQUENS 31750 ESCALQUENS
The cost and risk of returning parts that have been repaired or replaced by La Toulousaine under the warranty is covered by La Toulousaine.
December 1st , 2020 – La Toulousaine.